Lock Your Aadhar Card Biometrics Online, Check Details
Aadhaar Biometrics Lock Online: Biometrics is used to strengthen the security of Aadhar card. These are your fingerprints and the eye scanner. However, no matter how secure Aadhaar has been made, it gets misused somewhere. We hear many such stories. In such a situation, it is very important that you put extra security on your Aadhar card. For this, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has made a provision to assist in locking and unlocking the Aadhar card.
Any Aadhaar card holder is allowed to lock his/her Aadhaar biometrics. Its process is very easy and you can easily do this work online sitting at home. For this you will not need to go to the Aadhaar center. However, you can unlock it whenever you want. If you do not lock the biometrics then you may have to pay a big price. Because hackers are looking for the data of the users.
How to Lock Biometrics:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI at uidai.gov.in.
- Go to My Aadhaar and select Aadhaar Services.
- After that go to Secure your Biometrics.
- After this you will be asked to enter Aadhaar number. Enter it. Then enter the captcha code.
- Click on Send OTP which will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Select the option to Lock/Unlock Biometrics. After that click on Next.
- Then in the page that will open, click on the tick given below. After that click on Next.
- Now your biometrics will be locked.
You should note that a registered mobile number is required to avail this service and if your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar, you can visit the nearest center/mobile update end point and update your phone number. Huh. After that you can process it.
- For this also you have to first go to the official website of UIDAI, uidai.gov.in.
- Then you have to go to My Aadhaar and go to Aadhaar Services.
- Now go to Secure your Biometrics.
- After this, you have to login by entering the Aadhaar number as we have mentioned above.
- Then select Lock/Unlock Biometrics option. After that click on Next.
- Now you will be given two options in which one will be Unlock Biometrics Temporarily and the other will be Unlock Biometrics Permanently, you can choose any one.
- After this your biometrics will be unlocked.