New Qualification For Sarpanch In Jammu & Kashmir Announced, Check Other Eligibilities Here
New Qualification For Sarpanch In J&K
In this regard, your kind attention is invited towards the Section 6 of the J&KPanchayati Raj Act, 1989 under Section 6 u 2022 which provides that:
i) Any person(s) who wishes to file his/her nomination paper for Panch or Sarpanch ofa Panchayat Halqa, should meet the below mentioned requirements:
1. He/she should be a permanent resident of the Jammu & Kashmir.
2. His/her name should be entered in the Panchayat Electoral Roll of such Panchayat Halqa.
3 He/she should be of the age of twenty-five years or above.
*4.He/she should be 12th Passed or above.*
5.He/she should not be of un-sound mind, and stand so declared by a competent court.
6. He/she should have not been adjudged insolvent by a competent court.
7. He/she should not be a salaried servant of a Government or a local body or a Halqa Panchayat.
8. He/she should have not been dismissed from the Government Service or a local body.
9.He/she should not be a Lambardar or Village Chowkidar.
10.He/she should not have been convicted of and sentenced for an offence punishable with imprisonment for not less than two years, unless a period of three years, or such less period as the Government may allow in any particular case, has elapsed since his release.
11. He/she should fill a proforma for furnishing information under section 60 of Panchayati Raj Act, 1989 as Appendix-M5.
12. He/she should fill the nomination fom accompanied with an affidavit as Appendix-6.